Are you on the hunt for the best Shopify email apps that can automate your email workflows, keep a close relation with your customers and help you generate more sales?
Congratulations, you’re in the right place!
In this article, we’ll be exploring the 7 best Shopify email marketing apps that could take your eCommerce game to the next level in terms of core features, downsides, pricing, and ratings.
Let’s get straight into it.
What is email marketing?
To begin with, email marketing is simply using emails to advertise your products or services while establishing close connections with potential customers. Please note that this type of email is usually sent via the internet rather than postal.
Email marketing might include newsletters with updates about your company/your products, sales or exclusive promotions for the receivers. From time to time, email marketing is also used to convey non-commercial messages such as in the aftermath of a company’s controversy.
In this day and age, modern email marketing has evolved away from one-size-fits-all to personalization, segmentation, and permission. If you do it right, this marketing tactic will be an amazing way to inform, increase sales and create a brand community for your company.
Luckily, you can find plenty of email marketing apps that could assist you in the Shopify app store. These Shopify email apps can help you automate the whole sending process while keeping your emails personalized and highly segmented based on your customer’s past data.
Must-have features of the best Shopify email apps
Needless to say, all Shopify email apps are created for a reason. Although serving the same purpose, each app comes with exclusive functionalities. Since implementing email marketing strategies involves a lot of elements from inviting people to subscribe to your list to sending the emails, analyzing the results, A/B testing and further optimization.
While some of the tools can cover all the steps, others can only assist you with one or two aspects. Still, the best Shopify email apps must carry the following features:
- Integrate with Shopify with ease: In the most ideal situation, the best Shopify email marketing app should be able to connect with your Shopify store seamlessly without any coding.
- Subscribers segmentation: A good tool should be able to create segments for your customers based on their past behaviors. Accordingly, you’ll be able to customize your emails for each segment to ensure the best results.
- Email campaign automation: This is an absolute must-have feature of any Shopify email apps. Automated emails such as cart abandonment, order confirmations, cross-selling and upselling would boost your store performance significantly.
- In-depth reporting: Once you sent out emails, it’s crucial to keep track of the reports to see how many people open, unsubscribe, click on the links or make purchases via your emails.
- User-friendly interface: An intuitive editor with a drag and drop builder will be of great help for store owners who have no coding knowledge. They will be able to quickly build out the emails just by adding the elements and start their campaigns in minutes.
Now you know what to look for in a Shopify email marketing provider, let’s see which are the best option out there to choose from.
Best Shopify email marketing app: The top options compared
Now, let’s analyze all the core features, pros, & cons, pricing, and rating of the best Shopify email apps, helping you to choose the right one for your business.
Generally, Privy – Pop-Ups, Email & SMS is used by e-commerce firms of all sizes to increase website conversion, build their email list, and generate more sales. The software, which is integrated with Shopify and Shopify+, allows you to register an account in a matter of seconds and launch your first campaign right away.
Moreover, you’re able to activate your campaigns based on user behavior. For example, you can launch different campaigns based on the type of device the visitor is using or the value in their basket and even the page they’re reading.
- Message automation includes welcome messages, order confirmations and cart abandonment.
- Create stunning displays including pop-ups, banners, flyouts, announcement bars or forms.
- Gorgeous email templates.
- Customize campaign targeting based on visitors’ behavior.
- Offer in-depth analytics thanks to a number of key metrics, helping you to easily track the performance of your campaigns.
- Automated A/B testing.
- Sometimes the customer support team is too slow to answer the queries.
- It’s quite sophisticated to create and modify pop-ups.
You can choose to subscribe to 1 out of 4 pricing plans ranging from 0 to $70/month.
- The free plan comes with unlimited pop-ups, flyouts, targeting rules and A/B testing. However, it only allows you to add up to 100 email contacts and will go with Privy branding in your emails.
- Stater: With $15/month you’ll have 250 contacts, automated cart abandonment & customer win-back emails, pop-ups, flyouts and unlimited emails. However, you’ll need to pay an extra $15 dollar for every 1000 contacts you add.
- Growth: This plan is for Shopify store owners who don’t have as much time and want more automation. Starting at $45/month, users have automated after-signup and abandoned cart texts with Shopify carts and coupon integrations.
- Lastly, the Conversion Only subscribers have unlimited popups, flyouts and advanced targeting.
If you’re the type of store owner who considers the appearance of your email marketing is as important as the forefront of your store, Klaviyo could be your best partner.
In brief, Klaviyo is an excellent assistant for many eCommerce store owners since it provides a comprehensive suite of email marketing solutions from the registration form, powerful segmentation, and email campaigns. All of which come with stunning & ready-to-use templates.
In like manner, the software enables you to analyze the performance of your email campaigns while studying the behavior of your recipients. Another worth considering point is that the app can connect directly with Facebook, allowing you to automatically update your social media images while posting on your website.
- Attractive and modern-looking email templates.
- Easy to use with no coding required.
- Offers pre-built email flows to help from abandoned carts to win-back emails to help you capture lost sales.
- Fully integrated with other Shopify apps to help you expand the functionality of your store.
- Seamlessly sync data with Facebook and Instagram to help you study user behavior and send segmented and highly customized emails.
- Predictive analytics and growth-centered reporting.
- A/B testing.
- The free version only allows for a maximum of 500 emails and 250 contacts, some additional charges might apply if you have more data.
- They do not specify those additional charges on their website.
- The customer support team may take a while to reply to your queries.
- There are times when the Klaviyo app takes too long to process, which could be up to 24 hours.
- The forever free plan enables you to add 250 contacts, set up email/SMS campaigns with automated flows. Moreover, you’re able to get access to the segmentation and personalization feature along with predictive analytics.
- With an extra $5/month, you’ll get 150 SMS contacts, a library full of multi-channel automated flows, and customizable reporting.
- With $20/ month, you’ll gain access to 500 email contacts and more dedicated support via live chat.
Rating: 4.2/ 5
Speaking of the best Shopify email apps, we cannot leave out AVADA. AVADA is a reasonable solution for store owners who are working to drive more conversions and build sustainable relationships with their customers.
In fact, its automation workflow is the perfect way to closely connect with your customers with those welcome emails and post-purchase follow-ups.
What’s more? AVADA Email Marketing is straightforward to use even for non-techies thanks to its user-friendly and intuitive interface. Also, for those who lack design skills, the program provides ready-to-use email templates, which may save admins a significant amount of time and work.
Besides, you can effortlessly manage your contacts with automated data sync from your Shopify store. Indeed, segmenting them will help you easily use your emails to target the right customers to get the best campaign outcomes.
- 100+ elegant and ready-to-use email templates.
- Excellent email automation flow covering users from welcoming new subscribers to cross-selling and upselling other products on your Shopify store. Moreover, the app takes care of the customers on special occasions such as their birthdays. Surprisingly, other transaction emails such as order or shipment confirmation are available as well.
- Allow you to divide your contacts based on their profiles or shopping behaviors.
- A/B testing.
- Abandoned cart and checkout recovery.
- Real-time report with UTM tracking codes.
- The segmentation feature does not always work correctly.
- The customer support team is not available 24/7. A few users have voiced their complaints about the slow reply from the AVADA team.
Just like Klaviyo, you don’t have to pay a dime to install AVADA.
- Free: Free plan is available which allows you to add up to 500 contacts and receive 15,000 emails. With this subscription, you’re granted access to basic email templates and automation flow along with email support.
- Pro: the Pro version starts from $9/month has no AVADA branding, unlimited emails and automation flows. In addition, you’ll have web push notifications and all email templates. AVADA team will support subscribers of this plan via live chat and emails. If you have more than 500 contacts, it’s compulsory for you to pay additional charges.
- Advanced: This version is recommended by AVADA themselves since you’re able to integrate with Google, Facebook ads, and import up to 2500 contacts.
- Enterprise: If you’re having a super large Shopify store, you can always contact the AVADA team and get custom pricing and features based on what your store needs.
Ratings: 4.9/ 5
SM Email Marketing is developed to help you boost your sales by offering your buyers tempting deals via emails.
To be more specific, SmartrMail allows you to send highly personalized emails in minutes by generating an email template that matches your store theme. With its friendly editor, you can grow faster with email newsletters and pop-ups which only take a few minutes to set up. Essentially, all you need to do is add your content and hit send.
More importantly, SmartrMail also has the audience segmentation function, which enables you to break down your email templates and send them to a smaller group of people.
- Ready-to-go email automation: From welcome emails to post-purchases and cart abandonment, SmartrMail has got your back. With its seamless Shopify integration, you can get your series run without breaking a sweat.
- Product suggestions: Machine learning is used to automatically send product recommendation emails to your subscribers based on past data.
- Smart segmentation: SmartrMail and Shopify integration makes it easy for you to create audience segments based on their purchase behavior. Thanks to this, you can send the relevant message at the right moment during the customer journey.
- Email capture popups help you grow your email list quickly and effectively.
- Newsletter templates make it easier for you to create one just by adding your products and services.
- Integrate with Justuno, Sumo, and Wise pops.
- Unlike other Shopify email marketing applications, SmartrMail doesn’t apply the drag and drop editor which makes it quite complicated for users to move the elements.
- The setting up procedure is quite complicated.
Apart from the 15-day free trial, SmartrMail offers 3 pricing plans with quite a parallel feature list.
- Free plan: This plan grants users up to 1000 subscribers and 5000 emails per month. Besides, you’ll get automated email follows and advanced segmentation.
- Standard (from $19/month) plan comes with 12 emails per subscriber and live chat support.
- Unlimited (from $99/month) plan brings unlimited emails, automation flows, smart A/B testing, and priority support.
On top of that, they will charge you some additional fees according to the exceeded number of contacts you have.
Rating: 4.9/ 5
Another candidate in our best Shopify email apps list is Omnisend. Just like the name implies, Omnisend is a multichannel email marketing automation solution. The app is designed to help Shopify store owners to increase revenue from email marketing without having to put in too much effort.
What makes Omnisend different from other Shopify email apps is that it does more than just emails. The app is essentially a robust automation workflow that facilitates you from custom email templates in accordance with your customer’s journey to which channels you want to use. Whether it is through SMS, messenger, or push notifications.
Sending the right message to the right people at the right time and via the right channel has never been easier with the assistance of Omnisend. That’s why it has made it to the best Shopify email marketing app list. For those eCommerce marketers who want to take their email marketing campaigns to the next level, don’t hesitate to check this out!
- Pre-built workflows: Omnisend helps you turn shoppers into leads and customers by automatically sending subscribers to welcome messages, cart abandonment, win-back, or even reactivation emails. Remarkably, all the messages and subject lines are auto-generated for you.
- Gorgeous and fully responsive email templates.
- Dynamic coupon codes generator.
- Robust audience segmentation and product targeting. Omnisend allows you to divide your subscriber list into smaller groups such as VIP, first-time or repeat customers.
- Support SMS and push notifications.
- Comprehensive analytics with all the statistics you need to evaluate the performance of your campaign.
- Automatic products recommendations.
- Their email templates are not as impressive as other Shopify email apps.
- A lot of users have left comments about their poor customer service.
- The most expensive plan only allows for 500 contacts, which is very limited compared to other Shopify email apps.
Whichever plan you choose, you’ll get access to:
- All email templates
- Pre-built automation and workflows.
- Audience segmentation.
- Pop-up and signup form.
- A/B testing.
Basically, this Shopify email app has 3 pricing plans to offer:
- Forever Free: 250 contacts, 500 emails, 60 SMSs and 500 web push notifications.
- Standard ($16/month): 500 contacts, 6000 emails 60 SMS and unlimited web push. This of course comes with all the features above and additional live chat support.
- Pro ($59/month): Still 500 contacts but with this plan you have no restrictions on the number of emails or web push notifications you can send. This plan grants subscribers advanced reporting and a chance to get support from the Customer Success Manager if you have more than 27k contacts.
Ratings: 4.6/ 5
Next, Email marketing by CM Commerce is another great option in this best Shopify email apps list. Campaign Monitor allows you to take full advantage of your customers’ data by analyzing it and creating highly customized emails with excellent segmentation.
On the positive side, the app will help you create a comprehensive email automation workflow. Although this application cannot handle complicated tasks, it is certainly capable of helping you launch the most basic marketing automation.
However, unlike other Shopify email apps, this tool does not support sending SMS or web push notifications. Therefore, Campaign Monitor is more suitable for e-merchants who want to focus solely on sending email marketing.
- Robust audience segmentation, helping Shopify store owners to send the right message to the right people at the right time.
- Collect reviews and let you add those reviews to your emails.
- Appealing templates with an intuitive interface.
- Tighten your customer relationships with a smooth email flow from abandoned cart emails to automated receipts and follow-ups.
- Seamlessly sync with your Shopify store and collect customer’ data including purchase, preference, demographic, and engagement.
- The customer support team takes too long to reply.
- Quite sophisticated to set up.
Essentially the app is free to install, once you start using it there are 3 pricing plans:
- Starter – starts from $9/month: This plan is suitable for small store owners who need to send less than 5000 emails per month. With that, you’ll get premade workflows and automation, segmentation, product recommendations, and also conversions analytics.
- Growth – starts from $29/month: This version grants you unlimited emails, visual product reviews, social proof widgets and Facebook audience sync.
- Professional – starts from $49/month: You’ll meet with the dedicated support team and the account manager who will happily support you while onboarding.
Keep in mind that the more subscribers you have, the more money you have to pay. These additional fees are already specified in CM Commerce’s website.
Trusted by over 150k store owners, AC email marketing automation deserves to be one of the best Shopify email apps. In general, ActiveCampaign is a robust marketing automation platform, and its Shopify integration makes it even simpler to sync your clients across your Shopify and ActiveCampaign accounts.
Although ActiveCampaign is doing well as an email marketing solution, its vision doesn’t end there. Ideally, the team aims to become a home for all of your digital marketing operations from intelligent sponsored advertising to SMS and much more.
- Powerful automation builders with 600+ recipes.
- Easily sync customer lists and create robust audience segmentation.
- Out-of-the-box email templates.
- Bring your email marketing strategy to the next level with Predictive sending, which uses machine learning to help you save a lot of time and effort.
- Excellent customer support.
- Free migration service from other email marketing platforms.
- The editor customization capabilities are quite limited.
- The setting up process is quite confusing and troublesome.
- There are huge differences between the pricing plans.
- The free plan is available with 850+ pre-built integrations, including Shopify and powerful pre-built marketing automation recipes.
- If you pay $15/month for the Lite plan you’ll have 600+ pre-built marketing automation, 125+ email templates and pre-built signup forms.
- The Plus plan which starts from $70/month has a landing page builder and an eCommerce dashboard.
- The most expensive subscription is Professional. It starts at $159/month, has everything in the Plus plan, plus predictive content and predictive sending.
Rating: 4.4/ 5
To summarize, email marketing is an absolutely indispensable part of any digital marketing strategy. Thus, the sooner you start leveraging email marketing, the higher chance of you winning the eCommerce game.
All of those Shopify email apps mentioned in today’s article are good options. Please remember to consider the pricing and features carefully. Don’t just go ahead and choose the most expensive one. Pick the one that fits best with your business model.
Explore more tools to support your Shopify business
There are Shopify free tools that you can use to enhance your online store.
Choose the tools that you need and grow your Shopify business more efficiently!